Director, Digital Media and Marketing Consulting at FRWD@BAIN in Munich
Bain & Company is the management consulting firm that the world’s business leaders come to when they want results. Bain advises clients on strategy, operations, information technology, organization,private equity, digital transformation and strategy, and mergers and acquisition, developing practical insights that clients act on and transferring skills that make change stick. The firm aligns its incentives with clients by linking its fees to their results. Bain clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. Founded in 1973, Bain has 58 offices in 37 countries, and its deep expertise and client roster cross every industry and economic sector.
FRWD is a unique digital marketing consultancy with deep hands-on execution skills and experience. FRWD is designed to build client capability through a comprehensive approach to helping companies make the best marketing investments. To do so, FRWD extends client teams through co-location of top creative, media optimization, data science, and advertising technology teams to shorten test cycle time and leverage learnings to move forward. FRWD also acquires and trains talent for clients to create sustainable campaigns and drive continual improvement without further FRWD presence. FRWD was founded in Minneapolis and has grown a very successful hub in in Bain’s London office and is now launching a hub in Munich to serve clients in DACH and across Europe.
With the combined skills of Bain and FRWD, we are able to bridge the gap between brand, marketing, strategy and execution, trialling strategies in immediate real-life tests, while having the operating model and organizational design experience to scale the results throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
FRWD@Bain is looking for a senior marketing professional eager to take the next step in their career in a top consultancy.Someone who enjoys and has successfully delivered impact that clients value,and wants to do that at a broader level. Ideal candidates are ready to lead within high-performing teams, and intrigued by a unique consulting model that has all the leading agency skills while not selling agency services in order to consult purely focused on the client’s needs.
The Director media is responsible for the case results,delivering transformational marketing solutions for the most demanding clients.He or she works in a cross-functional team leading a team of (digital)marketing specialists to identify marketing-driven growth opportunities for the client and developing a clear strategy on how to deliver those results. FRWD@Bain work is based on deep and rigorous analysis and presenting actionable recommendations based on data and facts, not marketing trends. We work collaboratively with the clients and their partners Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Lead a team of specialists to run a thorough diagnosis of a client’s marketing to identify sizable opportunities for effectiveness improvement
- Collaborate with client internal teams, the client’s agencies and partners to identify growth opportunities in marketing and media
- Work collaborative in a cross-functional team with other Bain consultants and clients, often on-site with the client, to develop an acceleration strategy and agile “small moves” tests to improve marketing ROI
- Consult client marketing teams up to CMO, CFO and CEO, draw a clear picture of the situation and opportunity and present a true north analysis and recommendation while keeping the political complexity of large organizations in mind
- Build trust with clients, Bain partners and teams as the thought-leading marketing expert that solves tough business problems
- You have proven yourself as a leader. You motivate others to bring their best thinking to projects
- You are passionate about marketing, understand the power of digital to transform top and bottom line results by combining the rigorous analysis approach of a leading consultancy with the deep hands-on experience of a marketer that has delivered results on the ground
- Positive attitude, no matter what. You add energy to rooms and teams, help others see possibilities and clarity amidst uncertainty
- You have a well-developed understanding of marketing and communication best practices. You know great, good and poor when you see it, both in the numbers and the way the team is operating
- 10+ years digital media and marketing experience, ideally in leading media agency or across multiple clients and industries
- Deep experience in all digital channels (Search, Social, Programmatic) both in strategic discussions about the role of the channel as well as hands-on experience on how to maximize campaign results
- Experience to lead media strategy discussions, the function of the different media channels, how to define the right media mix and how to evaluate media ROI and drive business results
- Good understanding of offline media, especially TV, and how to define the optimum mix of TV and Online
- Deep understanding of Ad-tech, Data Strategy, ROI measurement
- Experience in digital commerce, product listing/product detail page optimization and eCommerce media
- Experience working across multiple countries and steering media teams across markets
- Building and structuring teams, processes, ways of working
- Experience in test design, constant testing programs, measuring business impact
- Experience in Agile ways of working
- Proven success in rolling out Dynamic Creative Optimization at scale
- Native language level German and excellent English is required
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world's best places to work, a champion of diversity, and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked the #1 consulting firm on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor's list for the last 12 years. We believe that diversity,inclusion, and collaboration are key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities, and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor, and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ, and parents.