Advertising Operations Manager (m/f/d) bei upday in Berlin
upday is a personalised news service that is exclusive to Samsung devices. We combine editorial expertise and curation with the very latest personalisation technologies to bring our readers the stories that matter to them. Upday is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE with our headquarters in Berlin and Samsung as a shareholder. We are growing fast and looking for creative and committed people to help build the upday vision in our Berlin office. If you’re looking to join a international team full of fantastic talent that has the energy of a start-up but the stability of an established media company – look no further.
upday’s Advertising team is taking care of the monetization of the products, orchestrating both direct and programmatic advertising campaigns. As an Ad Ops Manager (f/m/d) at UPDAY, you’d be closely working together with the Sales and Campaign Management Team, ensuring that strategic partnerships and extraordinary campaign concepts can be utilized through our app. On top of that, you’d be working with the Programmatic Team to help integrating new demand partners and ad exchanges. Our international (based out of different upday office locations) gathers together frequently to ensure alignment on our further strategy. The occasional after-work beer together is highly celebrated in our team and often combined with events like Karaoke, Bowling, Scavenger Hunts, …
We are looking for an
Advertising Operations Manager (m/f/d)
- Deep understanding of ad serving in a full scope: Ad Server experience, prefereably Google Ad Manager and AppNexus/Xandr
- Project Management experience is a must
- Experienced in Data-driven Marketing/Performance Marketing, DMP application skills are a plus
- First experiences in Order Management Tools (Salesforce)
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Experience using web analytics tools, especially Google application (e.g. Google analytics, Google conversion tracking)
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills, a hands-on mentality and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility (and humor!)
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, preferably German language skills
- Technical Control and further development of our Ad Servers
- You will liase between UPDAY’s Sales Team an other Divisions (Data/QA/BI) when realizing projects, as well as partners (Google, Measurement Partners, MMPs) and Agencies/Clients when troubleshooting e.g. when tracking discrepancies occur
- Supporting the Programmatic and QA Team when integrating new demand partners and mediating techniques (EBDA, Header Bidding, SDK)
- Maintain and fully deploy our Order- and Data Management Platforms (possibly Consent Management Platform)
- Define campaign objectives, target audiences and strategies to continuously grow our user base and improve retention of our product
- Keeping an eye on the market and on the trends within the mobile advertising business to perfect our commercial approach and our tools e.g. keeping track of IAB Initiatives and enforcing them accordingly
- Provide strategic guidance and ongoing coaching and feedback to the team
- Lead ad-hoc projects and transitions to improve processes and ad formats to maintain ad serving capabilities e.g. Rich Media Creative Serving and Tracking
What we offer
- We offer you the opportunity to develop your personal and professional skills with us in the long term
- Being part of an international, very exciting and revolutionary project
- A dynamic and fun team with experienced colleagues from different departments of Axel Springer (tech, product, marketing, journalism)
- The latest equipment and digital toolsGreat dogfriendly office and fully equipped kitchen
- All the stuff you like: fruit, drinks, kicker, pingpong, learning budget, computer, phone(s) etc.
- Competitive salary and a contract limited to 1 year with the intention of permanent employment
For any further questions (requisition number 033400087), feel free to contact Hannes Witte, under 030 2591 72221.
Axel Springer is an equal-opportunities employer. We welcome applications from people with disabilities.
You can find further information about Axel Springer’s Representative for Disabled Persons as well as contact details here.